2016 GreenRace C&O Towpath 5K/10K
(Saturday) 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Towpath
11710 MacArthur Blvd., Potomac, MD 20854
Join us for our first race in the DMV area. This is sure to be a fun, fast race along the beautiful C & O Towpath. We are starting across
Join us for our first race in the DMV area. This is sure to be a fun, fast race along the beautiful C & O Towpath. We are starting across from the Great Falls Tavern Visitor Center.
We are called The Green Race for a reason. Our events aim to contribute to the local community and environment by enjoying the outdoors sustainably, with each of us doing our part to lead more sustainable lives and preserve the environment. We see The Green Race events as opportunities to reset ourselves in everyday life and habits. We aim to promote environmentally friendly, ZERO WASTE race events in the following ways:
– NO CUPS! The Green Race does not provide disposable cups (but we do provide water), so please bring your own containers.
– REUSABLE RACE PACKS! Our race packs are reusable wetsacs for all your soggy post-race running gear. Also makes a great sealable bag for your muddy trail shoes.
Starts at 7:00 am August 13
Race Start times:
5K race starts at 8:00 am
10K starts at 9:00 am
Out and back course – turn around points are marked and volunteer will be stationed at turn around point to ensure no one gets lost!
Please note that if you are family duo, you must start and cross the finish line TOGETHER. This family team format is to encourage families to run and be healthy together. If you do not cross the finish line together the team will receive a 5 minute penalty based on the slower runners time.
Parking: Not included in registration fees – An additional $10 per car, go GREEN and carpool if you can!
RACE DAY REGISTRATION:
Opens at 7:15am
- Solo 5K – $50
- Family Duo 5K – $70
- Solo 10K – $65
- Family Duo 10K -$80
POST RACE SNACKS:
To include: bananas, oranges or clementines, Larabar, and bagels
WHAT TO BRING:
– Water bottle (remember, we do not provide disposable cups!)
– Some form of identification (driver’s license)
– Your pre- and post-race nutrition/fuel of choice.