Join us for our inaugural 5K run at Seneca Park in Rochester, NY!
We are called The Green Race for a reason. Our events aim to contribute to the local community and environment by enjoying the outdoors sustainably, with each of us doing our part to lead more sustainable lives and preserve the environment. We see The Green Race events as opportunities to reset ourselves in everyday life and habits. We aim to promote environmentally friendly, ZERO WASTE race events in the following ways:
– NO CUPS! The Green Race does not provide disposable cups (but we do provide water), so please bring your own containers.
– NO DISPOSABLE VOUCHERS! Find all partner discount offers and codes on the back of your race bib!
– REUSABLE RACE PACKS! Our race packs are reusable wetsacs for all your soggy post-race running gear. Also makes a great sealable bag for your muddy trail shoes.
Event details and schedule
RACE START TIME: 8 AM
RACE END TIME: 9 AM
RACE DAY REGISTRATION:
Race day registrations start at 7 AM.
Please note that registration fees increase for race day registrations, so register early.
RACE PACKET PICK-UP:
Date: Thursday, June 9
Time: 4PM – 7PM
Rochester Running Company (in College Town)
1387 Mt Hope Ave
Rochester, NY 14620
Note: If you’re unable to make the packet pick-up date, you’ll be able to get it on the morning of race day, but please be sure to arrive by 7:30 AM!
Set to start at 9:15 AM.
Awards will be presented to the overall top three participants in the Males / Females / Family Duo categories.
This is an out-and-back course with an uphill start and a downhill race to the finish line. Please stay to the right while running and look for The Green Race cloth markings for trail guidance.
This is a great trail for first-time or beginner trail runners, with no steep trails and minimal trail hazards. If you are a seasoned trail runner, this is a great trail for you to run fast and achieve your personal best!
Located at the Longhouse Lodge and at the start/finish line.
The Longhouse Shelter has been reserved for our event. Bathrooms are located next to Longhouse lodge. You MUST park in the Longhouse Shelter parking lot. Please Go Green and carpool if you can!
WHAT TO BRING:
– Water bottle (remember, we do not provide disposable cups!)
– Some form of identification (driver’s license)
– Your pre- and post-race nutrition/fuel of choice.
Click HERE to register today!