2020 Be Kind To Your Mind 5K
(Saturday) 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Thurmont Community Park
21 Frederick Rd, Thurmont, MD 21788
Please join us for the inaugural Be Kind to Your Mind 5K on May 9, 2020. This race is organized by Catoctin High School’s student-led Mental Health Awareness Club. The
Please join us for the inaugural Be Kind to Your Mind 5K on May 9, 2020. This race is organized by Catoctin High School’s student-led Mental Health Awareness Club. The event will be held at Thurmont Community Park at 21 Frederick Road, Thurmont, Maryland 21788 at 8:30am. We will start and finish at the park, and the 5K itself will take place on the streets and the Trolley Trail in the beautiful mountain town of Thurmont. Participants are encouraged to run or walk at their own pace, and families are encouraged to bring their children. Strollers are welcome.
NOTE – The start time for this event has changed! It is now 8:30am. The route will close at 10:00am and the Awards will be at that time.
This event is being held to bring attention and awareness to the severe needs of our community. The students and staff of Catoctin High have experienced a significant impact from the epidemics of suicide, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our small mountain town has had too much loss and not enough intervention.
Our primary goal is to raise money for the Mental Health Awareness Club to promote mental health interventions in our community. The proceeds from the 5K will go directly to the local community. They will be used to hold community events, school-based incentives, and work to build mental health awareness with students, staff, and the community as a whole.
Our second goal is to have fun! This is not meant to be a high-pressure race. We will be recognizing top placers for those who want to aim for their best time and compete. We also encourage non-runners to join us! Come walk for a cause and help us promote mental health in the community. Those not planning to complete the 5K are also encouraged to attend. Come cheer on your neighbors, family, and friends as they complete the course! Take part in our raffle and visit our race expo while you wait for the race to finish.
- Adults age 18+: $30
- Youth ages 5-17: $15
- Catoctin High School Students: Free
- Be Kind to Your Mind 5K t-shirt (only for Adult and Youth entries). Register by April 10, 2020 to guarantee a shirt!
- Finishers Medal for all registered participants
- Raffle tickets included with race entry for our post-race raffle (attendees can buy more raffle tickets at the event)
- We are looking for individuals, organizations, and businesses who would like to sponsor our 5K.
- Please consider making either a monetary donation, an in-kind donation, or donating a raffle prize.
- See the event website for more details: https://bekindtoyourmind5k.weebly.com/sponsors.html
- If you are interested in donating to the cause you can also do so by clicking the “Donate” tab at the top of this page.