Event Type Trail Race
Trail Race Events
Mid-MD Tri Club Event
Overland Timing Event
sun08oct8:30 AMsun4:30 PM2023 Rick's RunRick O'Donnell Memorial 5 Mile Trail Run and Ultra ChallengeMilkhouse Brewery at Stillpoint Farm, 8253 Dollyhyde Rd, Mt Airy, MD 217718:30 AM - 4:30 PM Countdown
Welcome to the 11th annual Rick’s Run! We are VERY excited to celebrate the 11th running of the Rick O’Donnell 5.22 Mile Trail Run and Ultra Challenge. After 11 years we’re
Welcome to the 11th annual Rick’s Run!
We are VERY excited to celebrate the 11th running of the Rick O’Donnell 5.22 Mile Trail Run and Ultra Challenge. After 11 years we’re having just as much fun as we did in 2013, while still honoring the memory of some very special members of the running community.
Since that first year, the race has raised over $66,000 and the Steeplechasers have awarded scholarships to 36 students.
The location of Rick’s Run for 2023 is moved due to construction at Greenbrier State Park, where we’ve traditionally held the event. The 2023 edition of Rick’s Run will be held at Milkhouse Brewery at Stillpoint Farm, about 25 minutes east-northeast of Frederick City.
- The course will consist of farm lanes and grassy trails cut through hay fields just for us; some, but not much, gravel; and we are even hoping to get some wooded trails worked into the mix.
- The course will still be hilly, but sadly, not nearly as hilly as the traditional course.
- Unfortunately, it seems as if you’ll have to really try to find any rocks to kick this year.
- The exact course is yet to be determined, however the loop will be somewhere around 5 miles in length.
- Oh, did we mention a brewery will double as race headquarters?
- The mass-start (all events) single loop will be used for FSRC Grand Prix scoring purposes.
- The new 4-hour option is added this year for those not quite up to 8-hours, but wanting to do more than a single loop.
- The “David Hartman Special” aid station will be ready to serve you as they’ve done since the inception of Rick’s Run.
- There will be plenty of room to set up your own aid station close to the course.
- In the spirit of having the event at Milkhouse Brewery, we are planning on our race premium being a special, race-branded pint glass!
- NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES.
- All of the details haven’t been worked out yet (when Milkhouse are opening for sales, etc.), but it is a lovely facility.
The 2023 net race proceeds will again be applied to the FSRC Memorial Scholarship Fund.
For more information, see www.rickstrailrun.com
NOTE: Registration will be open until 8:30am on race morning, but you MUST register on your own device. Please register online at home before you arrive at the venue or on your own phone when you get to th race venue. We will not be processing in-person registrations at the race venue.
(Sunday) 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM